Monday, April 27, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Remember the Razorfish Facebook Connect scenario making e-commerce truely social? Well, it's not a scenario anymore: digtal agency Fluid launched their FluidSocial product, enabling Facebook Friend-based shopping and merchandising; and implemented it on Vans.com and Jansport.com.
FluidSocial enables conversations (comments and live chat) with your friends directly on a product page.
Great feature! Better retention and conversion are direct consequences:
- For online retailers, these friend interactions allows for shoppers to never leave the site to get feedback from friends.
- For shoppers, it lets them see ratings, comments and real-time chat on specific products from friends whose opinions they value and trust more than from strangers.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Amazon.com could be responsible for close to a third of all U.S. e-commerce transactions, RBC Capital analyst Stephen Ju asserted in a research note this morning. [...]
Ju’s data suggests the total slice of U.S. e-commerce through Amazon was about 34% in Q4, up from 27% a year earlier.
Chad White from the Retail Email Blog recently spotted this email from TigerDirect that dynamically updates image files when a product sells out. This practice prevents the frustration and disappointment when one clicks to a product that’s no longer available, creates urgency for other products and may prompt the recipient to open TigerDirect emails right away in the future.
(From The Retail Email Blog, via The Get Elastic Blog.)
Posted by Michael S. Levy at 6:34 PM
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Digitas/Performics brand survey: Internet to benefit most from media spend reallocation from TV, radio and print in 2009
Posted by Michael S. Levy at 3:23 PM
Thursday, April 9, 2009
- 11:45 Just added myself to the wefollow.com twitter directory under: #ecommerce #startup #entrepreneur #
Posted by Michael S. Levy at 12:06 AM
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
- 20:09 Private sales shopping-clubs business still growing strong accross the globe: digg.com/u1RDT #
- 20:11 One King Lane, private sales website for home furnishing, launches. www.onekingslane.com #
- 20:12 Spanish online shopping-club BuyVIP raises 3rd round for €14.5M: digg.com/u1RER #
Posted by Michael S. Levy at 12:07 AM