Check out this presentation by Tony Hsieh, CEO of zappos.com, about delivering happiness to yourself, your employees and your customers:
Monday, March 22, 2010
Monday, March 15, 2010
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Are you ready for "Extreme Retailing" ?
E-commerce has evolved more in the last 12 months than in the last 12 years, with a combination of entertainment, game mechanics, and innovative shopping models.
According to Megan Conniff from the US National Retail Federation's big blog, here are 3 ongoing trends:
1. Deals and discounts (retailmenot.com)
2. Urgency retailing (woot.com)
3. Private shopping clubs (venteprivee.com and its hundreds of copycats worldwide)
And here are 5 upcoming trends:
1. Local discovery & promotion (groupon.com)
2. Mobile empowerment
3. Community and crowdsourcing (myfab.com)
4. Mass customization
5. Game Mechanics/entertainment commerce (swoopo.com)
I so agree with Megan (and with Jochen and Jason from Exciting Commerce, a recommended read by the way...)!
Bonus: here's a video of Joshua Goldman's presentation at the Retail Innovation & Marketing Conference, explaining swoopo.com's killer commerce model:
Friday, March 5, 2010
Here's Elastic Path's answer in video: